I hate blogs where they write about their whole family history before getting to the recipe. Just get to the point!
Banana Nut Muffins
Preheat oven to 350
1/3 c melted butter
1 1/2 c bread flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Walnuts and Brazilian Nuts
1. Mash bananas in large bowl. Stir in melted butter.
2. Stir in sugar, egg, and vanilla. Then add in baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and stir everything together.
3. Add the flour and some nuts and stir until mixed.
4. Divide into 12 muffin cups. I used spray and spooned right in the pan. You can use liners. Add nuts on top.
5. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.
¼ cup almond butter
2 ripe medium/large bananas
2 Tbsp. honey
½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup almond flour/meal
2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a muffin pan by spraying 9 cavities with cooking spray. Set aside.
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy.
Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about ¾ full.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Flax granola….yep it’s just flax seeds and whatever other toppings you want to add. I hate blogs that give you a huge story and then you have to continue to read well scroll all the way to the end just to get the recipe. So I won’t do that. Here it is. I got it from the Plan book. There’s 2 parts to this.
1 cup flax seeds
1/2 cup water.
Stir together and let sit overnight in fridge.
Preheat oven to 300
Place parchment paper on cookie sheet.
Poor flax seeds on cookie sheet and bake for an hour. Keep checking and stirring until all water is absorbed. About an hour. After 50 minutes add raisins, craisins, almonds etc….. bake 10 min. That is it!
➖When I make this, I use 3 cups of flax seeds. 1 1/2 cups water. 1/2 c almonds, 1/2 c craisins, 1/2 c raisins. This usually lasts about 5 days for 1 cup servings. Then I add 1/2 c blueberries and coconut milk.
#whoneedsafancyblog #quickandeasy #realtalk
Posted in Breakfast, Recipes
Tagged breakfast, easy, fitmom, fitness, flax, food, foodie, healthy, moms, recipe, simple
Flourless Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips,
- 1/2 cup coconut peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, microwave the butter to melt it.
- Add the chocolate chips (but save some to melt for the top) and all of the peanut butter into the bowl with the melted butter and microwave it until all of the ingredients are melted.
- Whisk in the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract until it’s smooth.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder until it’s smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake it for about 30 minutes or poke with a toothpick or knife and if it comes out clean, its done.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, melt the remaining chocolate chips.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the brownies.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 tbsp EEVO
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 (7 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 Tbsp chili powder – I added a bit more at the end
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper- I added more at end
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Cheese for topping and/or Greek yogurt
Heat olive oil in a over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook til tender, add in garlic. Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, cooked quinoa, water, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, paprika, sugar, coriander, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture just to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover pot and allow to simmer 30 minutes.
Add in all beans and cilantro and cook until heated through. I added more water, chili powder and cheyenne.
Add cheese and Greek yogurt (for sour cream)
I put in myfitnesspal as 6 servings: (without toppings)
Posted in Meat/Main Dishes
Tagged #fitfam, armywife, chili, cook, diet, dinner, eat, eatclean, fitmom, fitness, food, foodie, healthy, lunch, macros, motivation, myfitnesspal, quinoa, recipe, yum
This is a super quick and easy breakfast for those on the go! These are the only ingredients you will use unless you want to change it up!
1/2 cup egg whites or egg beaters
1tbsp real bacon bits
Spray your mug with cooking spray. Add all the ingredients and stir it together. Put it in the microwave for 1 minute and stir and then microwave it again for about 30 seconds. Fluff it up with your fork and voila! Breakfast is served! (I added pepper to it at the end. )
Posted in Breakfast, Recipes
Tagged armywife, beachbody, breakfast, cleaneating, easy, eatclean, fitmom, fitness, food, foodie, inspiration, mom, moms, myfitnesspal, quick, recipe, workout
I love Quinoa and decided to make this for breakfast. This is super easy! I don’t like to cook, but managed making this.
Coconut Milk Quinoa (Breakfast)
1/2 cup dry quinoa
3/4 cup coconut milk (canned)
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Drizzle coconut milk
2 bananas (1 for each serving)
2 tbsp walnuts (1 for each)
2 packets of Stevia (1 for each)
Mix all ingredients over the stove and bring to a boil. Then put on low and cook for about 15 minutes or until quinoa is soft. After that split in two servings and add the toppings! And that is it!
Stevia is optional….I thought it had to be a bit sweeter. I also only had red quinoa, but plain is fine too.
Posted in Breakfast
Tagged armywife, breakfast, cleaneating, diet, eat, eatclean, family, fitmom, fitness, food, foodie, healthy, moms, motivation, recipe
Banana Protein Pancakes #1. I’ve tried so many different versions of these and this one turned out the best!
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp egg whites
- 1/2 scoop Shakeology – chocolate
- 2 bananas
1/2 container Chobani Greek yogurt and 1 tbsp walnuts.
Then make them like pancakes in a frying pan. I used some EVOO spray to prevent from sticking. Make sure to cook long enough so it won’t fall apart. At the end I took half a container of apple Chobani Greek yogurt and walnuts. No need for syrup!
Fat: 12 grams/ Protein:29 grams/ Carbs: 75 grams
Posted in Breakfast
Tagged armywife, breakfast, chobani, cleaneating, diet, eatclean, fitmom, fitness, food, foodie, healthy, myfitnesspal, pancakes, protein, proteinpancakes, recipe, shakeology, workout
I love avocados, but I don’t eat a whole one everyday. So of course I’m going to keep it for another day. They turn brown so quick and I usually have to throw them away! But in my 21 Day Fix group, one of the members posted this method of keeping avocados fresher. So of course I had to try out the theory! The sulfur in the onion keeps the avocado fresh. You just have to put both in a sealed container. Here’s my 5 day experiment. As you can see, it does last a longer then just putting some plastic wrap over it.